Full-time unpaid internship and volunteer positions are currently being offered by the Acoustic Research Laboratory, Tropical Marine Science Institute of the National University of Singapore in collaboration with Ocean Park Hong Kong. The Acoustic Research Laboratory conducts studies on the cognitive and sensory capabilities of bottlenose dolphins living at Ocean Park with a focus on echolocation and underwater acoustics.
Interns and volunteers receive intensive hands-on experience by participating in all aspects of the ongoing research and laboratory activities, including assistance in the daily research sessions with the dolphins, data processing and analysis, and also assisting with the projects administrative and maintenance requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Have at least 2 years of university experience
- Have a positive attitude and obtain a strong willingness to learn
- Good oral/written communication skills in English
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be able to maintain a high energy level throughout the workday
- Must be at least 160 cm tall and able to lift at least 25 pounds
- Must be able to work full-time, unpaid
- Must be responsible for food, accommodation and transportation
- Past experience with animals preferred, but not required
- Successful visa application to HKSAR (this applies for International applicants only)
International applicants must apply for a training visa to Hong Kong (for details please contact us).
Application deadline: 1st July 2013
First day of work: 2nd September 2013
Please send applications to email@example.com with “Dolphin Research Internship” in the subject line.